ArcelorMittal South Africa Ltd Organogram
ArcelorMittal South Africa Ltd produces, casts, markets and wholesales steel and commercial-grade coking coal products and by-products to the local and international market. The group operates principally in South Africa. Export sales are primarily sold into sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
Following the reassessment in 2021, the group’s reportable segments are as follows:
• Steel operations - consists of Newcastle plant, Vereeniging plant and Vanderbijlpark which has a plant and foundry for casting of liquid steel:
- Flat steel products milled at Vanderbijlpark Works and Saldanha Works (placed under care and maintenance during early 2020) and the decommissioned Maputo Works, manufactures flat steel products that includes coils, heavy plate, rolled and coated products for the construction, piping, packaging and automotive industries.
- Long steel products milled at Newcastle Works and Vereeniging Works, manufactures long steel products that includes bar, billets, blooms, seamless tubes, window and fencing profiles and other products used primarily in the construction industry.
• Non-steel operations located at Vanderbijlpark and Newcastle Works consists of the production of coke and chemicals, the processing and marketing of by-products, the production and marketing of commercial-grade coal tar and coke batteries.
• Corporate and other - consists of sales and marketing functions, procurement and logistics activities, shared services and investments.