Grindrod Ltd Organogram
Grindrod Ltd operates through it division, subsidiaries, associates, and joint ventures and moves cargo by road, rail, sea, and air, through integrated freight and logistics services and related financial services, comprising property companies with external revenue with dividends and rental income. The group is represented in 23 countries internationally.
Operational capabilities include ports, terminals, and logistics through its Freight Services division which offers logistics solutions for customers across the mining, agricultural, new energy commodities, and project cargo industries, using key trade corridors across sub-Saharan Africa and supply chain for end-to-end delivery of diversified cargo to local ports and onto global markets.
Ports: Grindrod Ltd has invested in the Maputo Port Development Company (MPDC) and holds the concession for the Maputo port in Mozambique.
Terminals: Grindrod’s infrastructure is designed to handle a variety of bulk/breakbulk commodities, vehicles, and intermodal container packing facilities.
Logistics: Grindrod Ltd offers solutions across the supply chain for end-to-end delivery to markets through:
• Intermodal - Providing solutions through warehousing, distribution, container depot, and transport capabilities. Container depots in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Gqeberha, and Durban provide logistics solutions that include container handling and storage, container structural repairs, reefer services, container transport, and parts sales.
• Cross-Border and Project Logistics - With offices in all the major transit corridors in southern Africa, Grindrod Ltd manages projects for customers across various industries and offers a feeder service across the southern African region.
• Clearing and Forwarding - Offering freight forwarding, customs brokerage, and related logistics solutions across five continents.
• Ships Agency and Maritime Technical Services - Providing ships agency, logistics, and marine technical and engineering services to the maritime, offshore, and oil and gas sectors.
• Transportation - Assessing all options for transporting bulk/break-bulk cargo to a hub for storage, distribution, or export. Road transportation is also integrated into logistics operations. Through strategic partnerships with reputable airlines, Röhlig-Grindrod secures preferential rates and delivers reliable, cost-effective, flexible solutions.
• Rail - Providing full end-to-end customer logistics solutions, which include rolling stock leasing solutions and rail operations.