Massmart Holdings Ltd Organogram
Massmart Holdings Ltd is a South African-based group invested in a portfolio of complementary import and export wholesale and retail businesses. The outlets wholesale and retail food, clothing, footwear, furniture, liquor, medication, hair and skin care products and fragrances, stationery, books, CDs, DVDs, audio equipment, entertainment and home improvement products and general consumer goods, as well as offering an accessible platform for retail and wholesale online purchases.
The group has 408 stores, with a geographical presence in 13 sub-Saharan countries. Voluntary buying associations and franchises: Jumbo Shield, Saverite, Liquorland. Liquorland members form part of a voluntary buying group that trade under the Masscash owned Liquorland brand.
The group is organised into two business units for operational and management purposes and the principal offering for each business unit is as follows:
• Massmart Retail - comprises Builders and Game
• Massmart Wholesale - comprises Makro, Fruitspot, Jumbo Shield and the group's Wholesale Cash & Carry trading brands
As at 31 December 2021, the group's store footprint was as follows:
• Builders: 118 stores in South Africa, Zambia, Mozambique, Kenya and Botswana
• Game:146 stores in South Africa, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, as at 30 June 2021
• Makro: 22 stores in South Africa with the Fruitspot
• Jumbo Shield: 66 stores in (which includes 12 Cash & Carry Stores) South Africa, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Eswatini, Botswana and Lesotho
There are 56 online stores:
• Ubereats: launched during 2021
• OneCart: (87.5%) on-demand platform