Sanlam Ltd Organogram
Sanlam Ltd is the holding company of a financial services group that operates through its subsidiaries, associate companies and joint ventures in Africa, Europe, India, Australia, New Zealand and the USA.
The group operates through business clusters which are divisionalised as follows:
• Sanlam Life and Saving - offers retail and institutional life insurance and investment products as well as credit and health products in South Africa through the following:
- SA Retail Affluent - provides life insurance and investment solutions to the middle and upper level market.
- SA Retail Mass - provides life insurance and investment solutions to the entry level market.
- Sanlam Corporate - provides employee benefits services, group risk and investment services to retirement funds and corporates.
• Sanlam Emerging Markets (comprises all Sanlam’s businesses outside of South Africa, except for Sanlam UK and Australia) - provides long-term financial services in emerging markets outside South Africa.
• Sanlam Investment Group (comprises investment and wealth management businesses) - provides retail and institutional clients in Africa, the UK and selected developed markets with a comprehensive range of specialised investment management, credit and risk management services.
Sanlam Ltd holds a 58.97% stake in JSE listed Santam Ltd, an international provider of general insurance and investment solutions that operates through a network of intermediaries and direct channels.
As at 31 December 2022, the group's owner-occupied properties was valued at R2.49bn, with the group's investment property portfolio valued at R5.83bn. The group's total assets amounted to R1,006.58bn and total assets under management amounted to R82.77bn.