Sanlam Ltd Organogram
Sanlam Ltd is the holding company of a financial services group. Sanlam operates through a number of subsidiaries, associated companies and joint ventures in the countries and regions in which it operates i.e. Africa, Europe, India, the USA, and Australia.
The group operates in distinct business units which are divisionalised as follows:
• Sanlam Life and Saving - Responsible for the group's retail life insurance and investment services business in South Africa. It provides clients with a range of financial solutions, designed to facilitate long-term wealth creation.
- SA Retail Mass - providing life insurance and investment solutions
- SA Retail Affluent - providing life insurance and investment solutions
- Sanlam Corporate - providing employee benefits services, group risk and investment services to retirement funds and corporates
• Sanlam Emerging Markets - provides long-term financial services to businesses outside South Africa, except for Sanlam UK and smaller businesses in Australia
• Sanlam Investments - providing retail and institutional clients in South Africa, the United Kingdom, and Europe
Sanlam also has a 59.2% stake in JSE-listed Santam Ltd, an international provider of general insurance products and services through a network of intermediaries and direct channels
As at 31 December 2021, the value of the group owner-occupied properties was R2.5bn (US$161.9m), the group's investment property portfolio was valued at R6.1bn (US$386.6m) and the group had total assets amounting to R1,056.1bn (US$66.2bn).