TWK Investments Ltd Organogram
TWK Investments Ltd operates as a holding company for a group involved in the agricultural sector. The company operates through the following subsidiaries:
South Africa operations:
• TWK Agri (Pty) Ltd operates 5 timber mills, manufactures maize products, and supplies various agricultural products to clients. The company also operates motor dealerships across South Africa and provides financial services solutions. The divisions include:
• TWK Timber – Negotiate price for timber products and provide logistical management for suppliers.
The sub-divisions are:
- Raw Timber undertakes forestry plantations, timber and vegetable seedling nurseries, livestock, sunshine seedlings, timber marketing, tree cultivation, and charcoal production
- Processed timber comprises the Richards Bay export facility, the treated timber plant, dunnage, lumber and mining timber sawmills, Bedrock mining timber, and logistics.
- Certification undertakes research operations
• TWK Grain – Assists with marketing, advice and information to clients.
Operations included are:
- Grain Marketing – Offers marketing broker services, market-related prices, information and various hedging strategies to producers, traders & end-users.
- Silo Services – Silo’s offers services such as drying & sifting, aeration, gristings, fumigation, grading, grain receiving, storage of mealies & soya beans, offloading, weighting, electronic silo certificates, HACCP certified & weighting of livestock & timber.
- Animal Feeds – Manufacturing of animal feeds such as broiler to layer, pig, dairy, summer & winter cattle licks, sheep and horses.
- Grain Industries – Manufacturing of maize products including maizemeal, braai pap, samp & corn rice.
• TWK Trade – Offers fertilizer, computer services and provides agricultural equipment. There are 32 trade branches.
The sub-divisions are:
- Constantia Fertilizer – Undertakes blending. Blending facilities in Richards Bay, Pietermaritzburg, Secunda, Wellington, Nelspruit (Alkmaar) & Port Elizabeth. Depots are located in Lichtenburg, Marble Hall, Brits, Bothaville, Olifantsfontein, Modimolle and Piet Retief.
- Computer Services – Provides computer products and services in Piet Retief and surrounding areas. Product and services offered are computer repairs, in-store printing, computer equipment, internet café and software.
- TWK Retail & Mechanisation – Provides farmers with services and products for agricultural & farming needs which includes goods, services, repairing and manufacturing of new agricultural equipment. TWK Mechanisation sells New Holland and Candin tractors & equipment as well as other implements and spares. Have 17 branches located in Mpumalanga and KwaZulu-Natal.
• TWK Financial Services – provides financial and insurance solutions to agricultural producers and corporate clients. This division provides the following solutions:
- Forestry loans
- Long-Term Insurance – Offers long-term insurance and products such as wills, investments, corporate insurance and group employee benefits.
- Short-Term Insurance – Offers short-term insurance which includes medical aid, gap cover, transit cover, livestock insurance, crop insurance, liability insurance and plantation insurance. Brokers are in Piet Retief, Bethal, Standerton, Ermelo, Ballito, Knysna, Gauteng, Nelspruit, Malelane, Greystown, Ladysmith, Mossel Bay and Humansdorp. Crop Agents are in Harrismith, Winterton, Vrede, Middelburg, Estcort, Vryheid and Newcastle.
- Payroll Services – Offers clients payroll, fiduciary services, and tax services including asset finance and credit finance.
• TWK Motors & Tyres – Operates 7 motor dealerships, spare part outlets, auto body repair outlets, car rental and 4x4 outlets. Branches are in Western Cape, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape, North West, Free State and Eswatini.
• Arrow Feeds (Pty) Ltd manufactures animal feeds.
• Shiselweni Forestry Company Ltd is a forestry company in Swaziland with wattle, eucalyptus and pine plantations.
• SAWCO Mining Timber (Pty) Ltd comprise 2 multipurpose sawmills. The sawmills manufacture eucalyptus and pine products for the South African and international markets.
• Sawco Treated Timbers (Pty) Ltd operates a treated timber plant.