Afrimat Ltd Organogram
Afrimat Ltd is a black-empowered open pit mid-tier mining company that supplies beneficiated or processed and sized materials and contracting services to the industrial minerals, building, construction, road building, railroad, and mining sectors. In addition, Afrimat supplies bulk commodities to local and international markets. During 2023, Afrimat started supplying phosphates to the agriculture sector. It operates in the Western Cape, Eastern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal, Free State, Northern Cape, Gauteng, Limpopo and Mpumalanga.
Operations are conducted through the following business segments, based on the market use of products:
• Construction Materials comprises aggregates, concrete-based products and contracting operations.
- Aggregates manufactures and sells sand, gravel and crushed stone and concrete-based products including concrete made from rock, sand, water and cement.
• Industrial Minerals sells limestone, dolomite, silica and industrial sand.
• Bulk Commodities mines iron ore, manganese and anthracite. Iron ore and anthracite products, including nuts and duff, are manufactured. There are 2 open pit iron ore mine namely, Demaneng and Jenkins mines in the Northern Cape. The Jenkins mine reached steady state production in 2023. The Driehoekspan mine, 33km south of the Demaneng mine, is being developed to replace Demaneng’s production.
• Future Materials and Metals - Processing facility for the production of phosphate products targeting the agricultural sector.
• Mining Services - Group shared services including IT services, consulting services, internal and external logistical and mining services such as contract crushing, drilling and blasting, load and haul.
Afrimat Mining Services and Afrimat Contracting International subsidiaries offers services that include mobile crushing and screening, load and hauling, bulk drilling and blasting, mine rehabilitation, logistics and rail loadout management.
As at 28 February 2023, the group's operations consisted of 24 commercial quarries, 4 sand and gravel mines, 2 dolomite mines, 2 clinker sources, 1 silica mine, 2 limestone mines, 2 open pit iron ore mines, 1 anthracite mine, 26 readymix batching sites, and 9 concrete brick and block factories.