Anglo American Platinum Ltd Organogram
Anglo American Platinum Ltd (Amplats) is a primary producer of platinum group metals (PGMs), with nickel, copper and gold being by products.
The group owns and operates three mining complexes in South Africa’s Bushveld complex (Mogalakwena, Amandelbult and Mototolo) and operates the Unki Mine on the Great Dyke in Zimbabwe. On 1 November 2018, Amplats acquired full ownership of the Mototolo Platinum Mine with a Life of Mine (LOM) of to beyond 30 years.
Strategic JVs in which the group has significant interests:
• Modikwa Platinum Mine (50%), with African Rainbow Minerals Mining Consortium Ltd
• A pooling-and-sharing agreement (50:50) with Sibanye-Stillwater, covering the shallow reserves of the Kroondal and Marikana mines
• Der Brochen - greenfield project area (+30 year LOM)
• Twickenham project was placed on care and maintenance in early 2016
• Kwanda North and Central Block prospecting rights