Famous Brands Ltd Organogram
Famous Brands Ltd is a quick service and casual dining restaurant franchisor with a vertically integrated business model comprising a portfolio of approximately 19 brands represented by a franchise network of 2,470 restaurants across South Africa, 287 restaurants across the rest of Africa and the Middle East, 67 restaurants in the UK & Other, totalling 2,824 restaurants. The group also has 9 logistics sites and 10 manufacturing operational plants in South Africa.
Current number of outlets reported on, domestically and internationally:
• Steers - 686 outlets (642 - South Africa; 44 - international)
• Wimpy - 482 outlets (457 - South Africa; 25 - International)
• Debonairs Pizza - 758 outlets (645 - South Africa; 113 - international)
• FishAways - 254 outlets (248 - South Africa; 6 - international)
• House of Coffees - 1 South Africa
• Mugg & Bean - 265 (234 - South Africa; 31 - international)
• KEG - 5 South Africa - Suspended during 2020
• Vovo Telo - 12 South Africa
• Milky Lane - 98 (89 - South Africa; 9 - international)
• Net Cafe - 33 South Africa
• Coffee Couture - 14 South Africa
• Giramundo - 2 South Africa
• Wakaberry - 2 South Africa
• Europa - 1 South Africa - suspended during 2020
• Fego Caffe - 36 South Africa
• Turn ‘n Tender - 21 South Africa
• Mr Biggs - 53 international outlets (uac restaurants ltd)
• Mythos - 13 South Africa
• Salsa Mexican Grill - 14 South Africa (a fast-casual dining concept centered on traditional Mexican food and beverages)
• Lupa Osteria - 13 South Africa (an authentic Italian restaurant business trading in the family casual dining segment)
• Paul - 2 South Africa
The group operates the following divisions:
• Brands division provides a full turnkey service to all of the brands and their respective franchise partners, covering the concept, design, drafting of plans, appointing of contractors and project management of all new restaurant openings, revamps and re-locations.
• Manufacturing division specialises in breads, rolls, subs, baked and frozen goods, pastries, confectioneries, coffee, as well as, a range of non-baked goods, including meat, sauces, ice-cream, fruit juice and mineral water products, for wholesale within its supply chain (franchise network).
• Logistics division delivers products required for brand-specific menus, direct to the franchise network.