Glencore PLC Organogram
Glencore PLC is an integrated producer, processor, and marketer of over 60 diverse commodities. The group operates globally, marketing and distributing physical commodities to industrial consumers in the automotive, battery, electronic, construction, steel, power generation, and oil processing sectors. The group also provides financing, logistics, and other services to producers and consumers of these commodities.
The company operates through the following segments:
• Marketing - provides logistics and delivery of metal and energy commodities
• Industrial - produces more than 60 commodities from 150 sites for the metals and energy sectors
- Exploration, Acquisition & Development - Glencore’s focus is on the brownfield sites and exploration close to existing assets
- Extraction & Production - mines and beneficiates minerals across a range of commodities, mining techniques and countries that is processed and refined at its own facilities
- Processing & Refining - optimises end products for sale
South African coal operations via Glencore Holdings South Africa (Pty) Ltd) consist of:
• Nooitgedacht (100%)
• Oogiesfontein (100%)
• Paardekop (100%)
• Zonnebloem (100%)
• Izimbiwa (50%)
• Umcebo (48.7%)
• Goedgevonden mine (49% directly and 24.99% through its shareholding in ARM Coal)
• Participative Coal Business with ARM and ARM Coal:
- iMpunzi mine (includes Phoenix and Arthur Taylor collieries)
- Tweefontein mine
Glencore Operations South Africa (Pty) Ltd holds 5 licences for SANAS-accredited proficiency testing laboratories.
Glencore PLC owns 100% of the Katanga copper and cobalt mine, located at the north western end of the Democratic Republic of Congo about 10 kilometres east of the town Kolwezi. The remaining Life of Mine is 20 years. During 2021, the mine in Katanga produced 220.1kt of copper metal and 25.5kt of cobalt.