Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd Organogram
Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd (Implats) is an investment holding company with interests in the mining, refining, and marketing of platinum group metals, nickel, copper, gold, silver, chrome and cobalt. Operations are situated in the Bushveld Complex near Rustenburg and in the Great Dyke in Zimbabwe. Impala Refining Services (100%), situated in Springs, provides smelting and refining services through off-take agreements with group companies, which markets in South Africa, Japan, China, the US and Europe.
Mining operations include:
• Impala Rustenburg (96%) - 10 shaft mining complex and concentrating and 2 chrome recovery plants, with 16 years Life of Mine (LOM).
• Marula (73%) - 2 decline shafts and a concentrator plant, with 13 years LOM. The Marula Mine jointly owns the Makgomo Chrome plant that extracts and markets chrome tailings.
• Two Rivers (46%) - 2 on-reef shafts and a chrome recovery plant, with 23 years LOM.
• Mimosa (50%) - 1 shallow mechanised underground mine, accessed by a decline shaft, and a concentrator plant, with 22 years LOM.
• Zimplats (87%) - 4 underground mines and a concentrator at Ngezi, with 39 years LOM.
Current exploration projects include:
• Afplats Leeuwkop (74%) - impaired and currently non-operational
• Imbasa (60%)
• Inkosi (49%)
• Waterberg PGM Project (15%) - a venture with Platinum Group Metals (RSA) (Pty) Ltd (37.05%), Mnombo Wethu Consultants (Pty) Ltd (26%), and Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (Jogmec) (21.95%) - definitive study underway.