Motus Holdings Ltd Organogram
Motus Holdings Ltd is a South African based holding company with an international presence primarily in the UK and Australia as well as a limited presence in South East Asia and Southern and East Africa. Through its subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures, it operates as a diversified (non-manufacturing) business in the automotive sector, which provides automotive mobility solutions and vehicle products and services.
Operations are through its four business segments:
• Import and Distribution - Accounted for 20% of Group Revenue, 23% of Group operating profit, and 5% of Operating Margin. Imports and distributes passenger, light commercial vehicles (LCVs) and parts to serve a network of dealerships, vehicle rental companies, fleets and government institutions in South Africa.
- Exclusive South African importer of Hyundai, Renault, Kia and Mitsubishi
- Operates in South Africa and neighbouring countries
- Exclusive distribution rights for Nissan in four East African countries
- 21.3% passenger only vehicle market share in South Africa
- Vehicle parc estimated 600,000 vehicles
• Retail and Rental: Accounted for 68% of Group Revenue, 41% of Group Operating Profit, and 3.0% Operating Margin. Retails new and pre-owned passenger and commercial vehicles across all segments in South Africa and the United Kingdom, and passenger vehicles in Australia, selling of parts and accessories, servicing and maintenance of vehicles, and rental of passenger vehicles and LCVs in southern Africa.
- Represents 24 OEMs and 33 brands
- 345 dealerships
- 19.8% retail market share
- Vehicle Rental (Europcar and Tempest): 125 branches in Southern Africa and 25% rental market share United Kingdom. As at 30 June 2023, the number of car rentals vehicles was 17,500.
- Represents 13 OEMs and 19 brands
- 80 commercial dealerships
- 33 passenger dealerships
- Represents 20 OEMs and 21 brands
- 38 passenger dealerships
• Mobility Solutions - Accounted for 2% of Group Revenue and 19% of group operating profit. Develops, sells, manages and is the administrator of service, maintenance and warranty contracts, and value-added products and services (VAPS).
-Trusted VAPS provider to estimated 700,000 vehicle owners in South Africa
- Strategic VAPS partner to some of South Africa’s largest insurers
- Provides fleet management services, telemetry and business process outsourcing solutions through technology and call centre capabilities
- Custodian of the group’s data warehouse
- Advancing group innovation, fintech and data capabilities to discover future mobility needs and unlock new products and services
• Aftermarket Parts: Accounted for 10% of the Group Revenue, 17% of the group Operating Profit and 8.4% of Group Operating Margin. Distributes, wholesales and retails parts and accessories mainly for out-of-warranty vehicles in southern Africa, the United Kingdom and Europe. There are distribution centres in South Africa, Taiwan, China and the United Kingdom.
- There are 703 retail outlets and agencies (258 owned, including five canopy fitment centres) of which 426 are franchisees (independently owned), supported by 44 wholesale distribution points (41 owned)
- Franchise base comprises: Resellers (Midas and Alert Engine Parts) and specialised workshops