Salungano Group Ltd Organogram
Salungano Group Ltd is a holding company involved in the investment and management of its subsidiaries engaged in the mining, processing and trading of coal.
• Mining division comprises 4 mines, namely Elandspruit, Khanyisa, Vanggatfontein and Moabsvelden, and 2 processing plants, including the Wescoal and Vanggatfontein processing plants located in Mpumalanga. The run of mine reserves as at March 2022 was 51.8mt.
• Trading division is made up of 3 depots and a logistics network covering South Africa. Coal products are distributed to clients in the power generation, manufacturing and petrochemicals sectors.
Mining operations include:
• Elandspruit Colliery is located 8 kilometres west of Middelburg in Mpumalanga and has a life of mine (LoM) of 3 years. The mine has a resource of 9.20m tons and a reserve of 8.92 million tons.
• Khanyisa Complex Colliery is located 10km west of Ogies in Mpumalanga and has a LoM of 1 year. The mine has a resource of 1.15m tons and a reserve of 0.34m.
• Vanggatfontein Colliery is located 16 km southeast of Delmas in Mpumalanga and has a LoM of 6 years. The mine has a resource of 20.96m tons and a reserve of 17.25m tons.
• Moabsvelden Colliery is located 11km southeast of Delmas in Mpumalanga with an Opencast truck and shovel mining method and has a LoM of 9 years. The mine has a resource of 27.62m tons and a reserve of 24.84m tons.
• Leeuw Braakfontein Colliery is located approximately 10km east-south-east of Newcastle in KwaZulu-Natal on the Klip River Coalfield and is planned to predominantly be a bord and pillar underground operation targeting the top and bottom coal seams.
• Sterkfontein Project is located approximately 5km southwest of Bethal in Mpumalanga and is an underground bord and pillar prospect that targets No. 4 Lower and No. 4 Upper of the Highveld Coalfield.
• Braakfontein and Rietkuil Project (Vanggatfontein extension), located approximately 18km south-east of Delmas in Mpumalanga and contiguous to the Vanggatfontein Colliery.