Salungano Group Ltd Organogram
Salungano Group Ltd is a holding company involved in the investment and management of its subsidiaries engaged in the mining, processing and trading of coal.
• Mining division comprises 4 mines, namely Elandspruit, Khanyisa, Vanggatfontein and Moabsvelden, and 4 processing plants, including the Wescoal and Vanggatfontein processing plants located in Mpumalanga
• Trading division is made up of 3 depots and a logistics network covering South Africa. Coal products are distributed to clients in the power generation, manufacturing and petro-chemicals sectors
Mining operations include:
• Elandspruit Colliery is located 8 kilometres west of Middelburg in Mpumalanga and has a life of mine (LoM) of 5 years. The mine has a resource of 14.65 million tons and a reserve of 14.06 million tons.
• Khanyisa Complex Colliery is located 10 kilometres west of Ogies in Mpumalanga and has a LoM of 3 years. The mine has a resource of 2.98 million tons and a reserve of 2.44 million tons.
• Vanggatfontein Colliery is located 16 kilometres south-east of Delmas in Mpumalanga and has a LoM of 7 years. The mine has a resource of 28.8 million tons and a reserve of 24.82 million tons.
• Moabsvelden Colliery is located 11km south-east of Delmas in Mpumalanga with an Opencast truck and shovel mining method and has a LoM of 10 years. The mine has a resource of 30.65 million tons and a reserve of 28.72 million tons.
• Arnot Mine (50% joint venture) in final stages with production projected to commence mid 2022.