Sappi Ltd Organogram
Sappi Ltd is the holding company for a group with operations and manufacturing facilities on three continents that provide dissolving wood pulp, paper-pulp and paper-based products and solutions to a customer base across 35 countries.
Sappi's chemical cellulose products are used worldwide by converters to create viscose fibre, acetate tow, pharmaceutical products as well as a wide range of consumer products.
The range of paper products includes:
• Coated fine papers used by printers, publishers and corporate end-users in the production of books, brochures, magazines, catalogues, direct mail and many other print applications.
• Casting release papers used by suppliers in the fashion, textiles, automobile and household industries.
• Newsprint, uncoated graphic and business papers, premium packaging papers, paper grade pulp and chemical cellulose in the southern African region.
The group's operations comprise:
• North America: 1 paper mill, 1 speciality paper mill, 1 paper and specialised cellulose (dissolving wood pulp) mill, 1 pulp mill and 6 sales offices.
• Europe: 5 paper mills, 3 speciality paper mills, 1 paper and speciality paper mill, 1 other operation (comprising coated barrier fillm and paper) and 15 sales offices.
• Southern Africa: 4 pulp and paper mills (Stanger Mill: bagasse pulp, tissue and office paper; Tugela Mill: wood pulp, packaging papers and biomaterials; Ngodwana Mill: wood pulp, specialised cellulose/dissolving wood pulp, newsprint and packaging papers; and Saiccor Mill: specialised cellulose/dissolving wood pulp), 1 sawmill and 6 sales offices.
Sappi Forests owns or leases 400,000 hectares in southern Africa with about 27.7 million tons of standing timber. The Lomati Sawmill produces 99,000 cubic metres per annum of sawn timber for the construction and furniture manufacturing industry.