Sasol Ltd Organogram
Sasol Ltd operates as the holding company for an integrated energy and chemicals group active in the production and marketing of liquid fuels, pipeline gas, waxes, petrochemicals, plastics, fertilisers, mining explosives and crude tar acids. The group is also involved in the mining and marketing of coal.
Operating segments are as follows:
- Base Chemicals - involved in chemical product marketing and sales
- Performance Chemicals - involved in the manufacturing, marketing and sales of speciality chemicals
• Energy - involved in the marketing and selling of liquid fuels, gas, electricity and involved in coal mining.
- Exploration and Production International (E&PI) - involved in mine exploration; develops and manages the group’s upstream interests in oil and gas exploration and production in Mozambique, South Africa, Australia, Canada and Gabon. E&PI sells Mozambican gas under long-term contracts to both Sasol and external customers, condensate on short-term contracts, and Canadian gas into the market at spot prices. Oil is sold to customers under annual contracts. Prices are determinable from the agreements, and on the open market.
- Sasol Petroleum Temane Ltda operates the natural gas Pande-Temane Petroleum Production Agreement (PPA) asset which is a gas pipeline project between Pande and Temane gas fields. The PPA has an central processing capacity of 491 MMscf/day gas.
- Coal mining operations consist of:
• Thubelisha shaft (Twistdraai colliery)
• Syferfontein / Tweedraai
• Shondoni replacement shaft (Middelbult colliery)
• Sigma mine
During 2020, Sasol obtained approval to incorporate over 9,000 hectares of additional reserves into the existing Secunda mining area, extending the LoM to 2050 on a reserve acquisition initiative.