WOW 2017 Highlights in Numbers
Despite a challenging economic environment, Who Owns Whom had a successful 2017.
– 21 local and international corporations became new Who Owns Whom clients.
– WOWEB introduced more than 30 new features based on customer requests. These were made available at no additional cost. The most notable features included the introduction of:
- The Watchlist and Alert functionality;
- Company size indicators;
- Politically Exposed Person (PEP) flags associated with relevant directors;
- The shareholding and directorship associations of individuals;
- TakeOver Talk category, transaction status and search enhancements;
- Additional BEE data categories and analyses; and
- Additional filter and display criteria in Report Generator.
– Significant focus on the growth of our SME database means that SMEs now account for 53% of the active profiled companies that are classified by size.
– Growth in the WOW database:
- Profiled companies: 8%
- Branches: 14%
- Directors & Management: 7%
- South African and African company ownership: 12%
The latest 19 published industry reports and reports currently allocated and in the editing process are listed below.
Contact us to access WOW's quality research on African industries and businessContact Us
Most Popular Articles
Ocean & Coastal fishing and Aquaculture in South AfricaRead more
Energy & WaterGreen EnergySouth Africa
Innovation in Energy. From an Obscure Commodity to an Attractive Star Performer?Read more
Manufacture of Basic Precious & Non-Ferrous Metals in South AfricaRead more
BlogCountries South Africa
The Manufacture of Cement, Lime and related Materials in South Africa – April 2022
Cementing the future needs a strong pair of hands The Manufacture of Cement, Lime and related Materials in South Africa report – April 2022 contains a lot of easy to...
BlogCountries South AfricaTextiles, Clothing & Footwear
The Footwear Industry in South Africa – March 2022
With climate change and sustainability gaining momentum in boardroom strategic discussions, companies that design and manufacture footwear intentionally seek alternative environmentally friendly materials to replace leather and plastic in their...
Blog Chemicals & FertilisersSouth Africa
The Manufacture of Pesticides and other Agrochemicals – April 2022
The responsible use of pesticides is a shared and extended responsibility… Anon The WOW report on the Manufacture of Pesticides and other Agrochemicals reveals South Africa as the main gateway...